Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Guiltless Peanut Butter Cookies

People say you should always give a good first impression. Put your best foot forward. Or in my case serve your best dish first. You might be thinking, “Guiltless Peanut Butter Cookies? Is that the best you can do?” The answer to that is no, I can do much better. But you must excuse me, for I am staying in a hotel room and almost all my recipes are at home. So I guess I will save the best for last and you will have to take comfort in the phrase, “Good things come to those who wait.”

Now I don’t want you to get the wrong idea, “Guiltless Peanut Butter Cookies” are not all bad. In fact, they are quite tasty. Besides that, they are as the title infers guiltless. They are also really easy to make, and perfect for road trip snacks.

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 1/3 cup diet sweetener (or 1 cup sugar)

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Optional: I like to throw in a handful of chocolate chips. They add sugar, but the taste is so worth it.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Mix all the ingredients together. Roll the dough into teaspoon sized balls and put on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool, then enjoy! This serves six people with very small appetites so you might want to double the recipe.

The original recipe can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Flourless-Peanut-Butter-Cookies/Detail.aspx


~Grace

I am a seventeen year old homeschool graduate with a love for: God, family, writing, photography, cooking, and old movies. When I was fourteen I was sure I wanted to go to college and learn Home Economics. I wanted to learn to cook, really well. But by the time I actually applied for college last year, my career interests had changed. I want to firstly follow God, so I decided to major in Philosophy and Religion and probably minor in English. I knew that with learning about God, I would not be disappointed. And writing has always been something I enjoy. But although my career plan has changed, my love of cooking still remains. I think healthy eating is very important. On the other hand I am not a health freak, I like eating my sugary deep fried substance now and then. But I think moderation is really important, after all self-control is a fruit of the spirit.

If you have any comments or questions, you can email Grace @ girlofsoutherngrace@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment